Monday, July 11, 2011

Mishawaka

July 11, 2011

Good Morning Family and Friends! 

This week has been amazing.  It's hard for me to believe that I'm already a couple of weeks into this transfer.  It feels like I just moved here to Mishawaka 2 days ago.

Here is my new address

318 Lincolnway East Apt 2
Mishawaka In 46544

We live in an old mansion that has been turned into several apartments, it's small but it fits our needs and is really fun! 

The ward here is great, they are really advanced in the area of missionary work.  There are people here from all over the country working on their "Residency" for medical school, and they are a big help with getting us referrals.  We get to teach a ton of lessons, and also spend a ton of time finding, or knocking doors.  We are having so much fun as a companionship, we quote movies all the time, and for me that is a big deal.  We get to be ourselves around each other, and are trying to serve each other daily to help build a lasting friendship. 

We have set a baptismal date this week with an investigator named Joe, and it's been amazing.  We knew he was close to baptism, and we prayed to know if a day in August was right for him, and we didn't really feel anything and as we changed and prayed for the 30th of July, we KNEW it was what is right for him.  He's overcoming the Word of Wisdom, and he's doing great so far with it and we are trying to keep him motivated and to help surround him with support.  Got to love working with Part member families! 

I have really come to rely more fully upon the Lord these last few weeks.  I was feeling very out of place here, and needed something to change within me.  Prayer has played a huge part of this.  I was totally open with God, and my feelings, and he understands, and has really lifted me up, and my attitude and mood have really improved.  I was worried about how effective I have been as a missionary and really understand now that part of being a missionary is to get to work.  That is what we do.  WORK!  Getting out and doing my best is what the Lord asks, He'll fill in the rest and use the spirit to work people closer to repenting and baptism. 

It's been so great to be able to study the Christlike attributes in Chapter 6 of preach my gospel, and to really gain strength from them!  Section 121 of Doctrine and covenants has really helped to.  Blessings of heaven are Predicated upon the Virtues of the Gospel, which as you read in the end of the Section, you see that they are the Christlike attributes that we will eventually get better with.  They really have helped me, and I'm really understanding that the help I get through the spirit is the help from God. 

He changes lives, but those lives have to be willing to accept Him, and to follow Him.  There are so many people here that are being prepared by the spirit, and it's amazing to feel how the Lord has lifted me up, and will do the same for those we are teaching, and finding. 

Well i hope all is going well for you in ________, but for me here in Mishawaka, it's great!  Love the work, and my companion, and the ward! 

If you haven't had the missionaries over recently have them over for dinner, or even better prepare a friend to hear the message of the gospel, and have them taught in your home!

Well Pray hard! 

Love Elder Rees

No comments:

Post a Comment