Thursday, February 23, 2012

February 6, 2012

The BUZZ!
Well we did hear about the Giants... It's a good thing because the Colts and the Patriots are Mortal Enemies here so all the people were glad to not have the patriots win it all on their own field. 

We got to go and take some pictures of downtown, and see a little bit of the happenings of the super bowl, but it wasn't as cool as it would have been to actually be at the game or not be endowed with this calling.  There was just too much drinking and smoking going on... there was also a TON of people, and we weren't the only religion out there spreading our word... even though we were the quietest. 

We have no a lady with a baptismal date so we are excited for her... she walked into church 2 weeks ago, and won't go anywhere else... she is in a different wards boundaries but refuses to go any where else!  makes me laugh, but i'm glad to be the one teaching her.  I see her always look at me, and not my companion... I know that she trusts me more than her... maybe it's my age, but it's fascinating to see that most of our investigators turn to me. 

I did take some pictures of the Superbowl village stuff in down town but I didn't bring my camera into email today so I'll have to update them next week! 

I'm glad that all the PTC went well, and that it's over... the last one of this year right? 

Well life here in Indy is good, there are so many people here and the ward is great.  I actually met a guy who used to be a sheriff in Lyman Mt View area.... way back when... when the Cokeville bombing happened. He's in our ward and took us out to dinner, it was fun to have someone who knew so much about the area i grew up in. 

Well not much else... the work moves on!   I'm officially coming home on 2/5/2013, so yesterday was the official year mark!  CRAZY!  I also realized that i'm going to miss 3 Superbowls!  Lame.

Love you tons!

Love Elder Rees




No comments:

Post a Comment