Tuesday, September 25, 2012

September 10, 2012

Well, It's been a long few weeks with crazy P Day schedules.  I have to say that I've really slacked on putting some of the happenings here at Purdue on to paper, electronic paper.

It never ceases to amaze me.  I've sat pondering this letter, and analyzing the last few weeks.  I have to say that I was built up for about 1 month with my new companion, and then BOOM!  God reminds me that He is God, and that this is His work.  I have had to really rely on the power of prayer and scripture study, 2 things I've been reminded of by my companion and my mission president as things that will help us overcome ANY trial.  I realize that it's a matter of diligence.  God see's that we are diligently striving to live the gospel of Jesus Christ, and as we do so, he sees a need to turn up the weight upon us a little bit.  He increases the tension just enough to really stretch and pull us.  I have to say that hurts sometimes.  But looking back I'm always impressed at what it is I've overcome, and how it was accomplished, through the enabling power of the Atonement.  The thing I really hate about trials, is that you seem to be making such great headway and overcoming the weaknesses that are placed before us, and here comes the adversary, making things even harder.  I feel at times my progress stopping, but I know that isn't true as long as I'm still facing the right direction, and that's towards Christ and the promise of Eternal life.

Well, for those of you that aren't counting... (sorry to say i kind of am right now, i hope to lose count again) I have only 5 months left.  It's a scary thought.  I have to admit that I think that it's going to go very fast.  In fact I'm sure it will.  I now only have 3.5 transfers left.  I have to say that makes it seem even shorter.  It doesn't help to have people all over campus asking us how much time we have left.  They are used to having Zone leaders that have little time left.  We have such a wonderful ward here on campus.  There are several people who are here for masters and PHD programs.  They are some smart cookies!  They make me interested in doing things that they are doing.  One member of our ward went for the summer on an internship at NASA... another at Microsoft, 2 of the hardest internships to get but they did, and enjoyed them.  We have about 100 people at church each Sunday.  We meet in a little institute building right off of campus.  It's very nice for us, we always have students close to the church, and we use them often in our teaching appointments.  We get great support from them, and they are always opening their mouths to share the gospel with the new people in their programs.  We get a good amount of referrals, and there always seems to be non-members at church with friends.  All we need to do is capitalize and help them see the need to investigate, and invite the spirit.

Does anyone have any requests for Purdue gear?  It really is the only real school in Indiana....  no matter what I.U. tells you, or Ball State, or Butler, they are all 2nd rate. (knowing my luck I'll get transferred to one of them).

We have a baptism coming up on the 29th...  her name is is Yingzi, the 'Y' is silent, kind of, so it sounds more like IngZi.... she's sweet!  We've been teaching her for a long time, and it's been cool to see her faith in God grow, and her testimony of the church blossom!  Very fun to teach those without a Christian background, they are so susceptible to the spirit.

Oh, The pictures.... I'm including a tie burning picture... 18 months... WOW!~   and here is one of our zone...  a few of the missionaries were moving so their faces look all blurry, but this is just the Lafayette Zone.  And then a picture of Elder Beach, he got some smarties for his birthday, and he pretended to have some fake teeth.  It made me think of Denis the Menace, Mr. Wilson has some Chiclets as teeth...  we laughed over this picture.

Life is good!  Doing fine, don't need anything...

Talk to you all later!



No comments:

Post a Comment