Thursday, March 17, 2011

Possums and Black Squirrels!!

YEP that's right, I must say I was not expecting to see too many biological differences here in Indiana, minus the fact of weird words, and Hill Billies (which are rare in West Lafayette). But I must say we have seen a few dead Possums on the side of the road as we've been out tracting but dead ones are different from live ones. I don't like them! They look mean, and intimidating! We were driving the other night (i have driving privileges!) and we saw one on the side of the road, hissing at us as we drove by, and teeth showing, and looking really mean.... I wanted to hit it, but i also wanted to keep my driving privileges! Oh and let me say there are squirrels galore here! My companion says up north there are black squirrels, but the only difference is that they can run faster, jump higher. Anyway, this one is going to be short I am going to be writing a few letters today, and need extra time to be able to do that! So if i'm lucky enough to have
your address you may just get a letter soon, if you want a letter, write me first!

The work here is great, we have an amazing ward, and they are always willing to come out and teach with us or have us teach investigators in their homes! We are being fed well, but i'm proud to say fully dressed i weighed in 10 pounds lighter than when i left the MTC! COOL!! I'm going to keep that going!

We have several investigators that we are teaching that we see trouble with.... One grew up in Mexico and is VERY catholic, and feels that she wants to know if the BOM is true, but won't be willing (yet) to make the change and give up the Eucharist, and the Virgin Mary, and all the Saints. I'm learning a lot about different religions while here too! I'm feeling that the Pentecostals would be fun to go to, a lot of singing and dancing and tons of Speaking in "tongues" lol i don't buy it for a second! :) I'm glad to know the truth! and have my testimony strengthened daily by my being able to bear testimony, and study the scriptures!

A neat and new way to study! What i'm doing is taking 1 chapter a day, reading a verse, and writing about it in a study journal, asking a few questions LIKE: what does this mean, what message is being conveyed, and what principle of the gospel is this teaching, you know little things like that, and I must say, my memory of specific chapters, and verses is growing! 2 nephi is amazing! there are so many things of Isaiah i skip over but it's pretty fun to have the scriptures come alive right before you! I hope to continue study like this well on into my later life and gain even more while i can! I look forward to study everyday! you should too!

Anyway this was going to be short to the end!

Love Elder Rees

No comments:

Post a Comment