Wednesday, April 20, 2011

The Snake Lady

So this week has been pretty slow, but busy too!  It's the life of a Missionary I guess.  Day's feel like weeks, and Weeks feel like days, and that is definately how it feels out here.  I can't believe we are already halfway through the month of April...  Crazy to me how fast this month has gone already, but each day sometimes feels like an eternity! 
We have several people that we are teaching at the moment, and it's amazing how they are progressing and gaining a testimony.  It's fun to watch it grow, because if I look back at myself and my testimony it's hard to see the progress i've made, but the people we are teaching it's very easy to see the progress they are making.   I'm going to be posting a few pictures of "the snake lady"  She is an investigator we have who has almost 75 pets... all in a 2 bedroom apartment.  Smells like a zoo.  We sit outside a lot, which i'm really grateful for.  I'll make sure that next week I won't forget my camera, and i'll send a few pictures via email so you all can see what she is living with.  Really sweet lady, we are helping her a ton, and the Lord is blessing her with so many things.  She's recognizing every day how this is helping her in her life, and we are so close to being able to set a baptismal date with her!  I'd love to be a part of that one!  She is a super fun lady, and has a wonderful sense of humor. 
We have a baptism next weekend, on the 30th, a 10 year old boy who loves learning about the gospel.  For instance we were watching the Testimants, with him, and he was sitting there, "wait, those people are the kingsman, they want to overthrow the government" "that guy has to be a lamanite" little things like that, he's super smart, and super willing to learn, and will be hopefully a life long member.  His nonmember dad sits in on the lessons too, and it will be great to have him baptised soon too, we haven't really taught him much, he simply gets to over hear, but he attends church, and is willing to do things too, so one day he'll simply have to get wet!   There really isn't much else to report.  I'll be sure to have a longer post next week. 

Keep the letters and emails coming.   Always good to have them! 

No comments:

Post a Comment