Thursday, April 7, 2011

What if Apostles had Trading Cards?

I've been thinking a lot about our culture as Members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, and how we often are looked upon as outsiders to mainstream Christianity...  I sit and listen to the messages presented at General Conference, and wonder how anyone can not feel the Spirit of God, and Truth from the mouths of His servants?  I want you all to know I had Prayers answered from Conference.  I wasn't thinking about a question I needed answered till 2 days before the Conference commenced, but was amazed when Elder Bednar got up and shared so much truth about revelation.  I've been struggling to know if I'm receiving revelation, or just having thoughts, but most of my thoughts are random, and don't have anything to do with investigators or their needs, or to help me become a better and more effective missionary, and have wondered am I even capable of receiving revelation?  I know I've done it in the past, and it's been as he's described it, as if a light switch had been turned on, and i knew right away what I was to do.  It's the more difficult revelation, that comes upon our diligence to seek it, and willingness to look back at the past few weeks, months, years, and see just how much revelation we have truly received in our life.  Much as Elder Bednar described the rising of the sun, gradual, line upon line, here a little and there a little.  What a wonderful PROMISE!!!  I KNOW I can receive training from the Heavens!   As can we all!  It's what we commit our investigators to do, and I pray they may see it the way I've just begun to see it. 
Image

We were also able to sit there and anticipate what each representative would speak on, and we all were excited about our 'favorite' Apostle.  It makes me laugh when we sit there as children with Trading Cards, and saying this one; has 10 Spirituality, and 8 miracles.  This one, has a level 20 testimony!!!   I think the Apostle Trading cards would be fun to have around each of us, starting when we were young, and having them redone every 6 months, with this conference's focus.   We could study the cards, with the names faces of the apostles, and messages they shared.  I'm glad we have their words so readily available to us today, and that we truly are being taught by Heaven, when they speak.  I truly loved conference, and have gained so much as I was taught by heaven.  It's another testimony to me that we Lived with our Heavenly Father before we came here, and he Truly knows us Perfectly.  Enough that he knows when we need a little uplift in a conference talk, visit from a friend, or from the words of His Prophets, either modern or ancient. 

So What if Apostles had trading cards?  Would you carry them around, Collect the  all?  Or allow their faces and words to fade, the spirit of their messages, and the revelation they give us slip away....?President MonsonPresident Uctdorf
President Eyering        

Anyway, on a more fun note.  I'm being transferred.  It's a good thing.  I am looking forward to it.  I have really loved my trainer, and we were just starting to be able to teach in unity, but that is how the Lord works, keeps us at stages of uncomfortableness.  So I'll be posting a new address soon,  thanks for the birthday gifts again, Heather, and Mandy!  They were great to get a few days later! :)    Oh also, As of 2 days ago, 4/2/2011, I've been out for 2 months.  Cool huh?!  It's been flying by, and i really hope it continues to go fast!  

I want you all to know how grateful i am to have a testimony of this gospel, it truly is a rare thing in the world to have the truth, an investigator asked me why don't all the other churches accept the Book of Mormon?  and all i could say is that we are trying...

I love you all and wish you all the best, Keep the emails coming even if they are short, it's fun to have little notes from you all! 

Love Elder Rees

No comments:

Post a Comment