Thursday, June 9, 2011

Bat and Birds

Ok, so this week has "Flown" by...  little aviation humor there..  :)  It's been fun to get all of your emails this week because you've all expressed the same thing, that it's flown by!  And ironically enough this week we have had a few encounters worth sharing... 

First off, Birds.... 

This is a quick picture of what happens to baby birds that can't yet fly, and end up on our porch....   Now don't get too upset, we didn't actually harm the little guy, and he was soon let out free to become a product of the food chain. 

So that is all for the Birds story....

Bats! 

Ok so we have seen a few bats around at dusk, but nothing to this extent!  Ready for this! 

BAT MOBILE!!! 

I don't know how authentic this is, or who even owns this, but we were driving home from an appointment, and saw this on the side of the road and stopped to take a few pictures!  It's sweet!  It has parachutes, and from what i can tell it even shoots flames out the back end!  It was really cool to see so here are the few pictures I took, and my companion had one that I'll add too!

The work here is still going strong, we are still waiting till the end of the month till we get our baptism, but for our whole zone, our monthly baptism goal is 2, and it's the 2 companionship's of elders in our district that are going to help achieve that! 

Something else that is kind of exciting....

This last week we had President interviews, and they are always fun.  This is my second one to go to, and it was great!  We have been hearing about changes coming in the mission, in regards to the way new missionaries are trained, and we are getting 18 new elders this upcoming transfer on the 29th of this month, and in August, we are getting a few more, it will be fun to be a part of the training process.  Yep, I'm implying that I "might" be a trainer.  As i sat in with President Collins he shared that he'd be "Relying on my leadership in August" and as I took that I'll more than likely become a trainer to a new missionary.  It's nerve wracking and exciting all at the same time!  I'm excited because we are going to have some extra time to study in the morning, and really focus and help each other learn how to be a better missionary, and work even better in companionship's, but nervous to know that he'll always remember his trainer, and the kind of missionary he was...  It's making me strive to be better today so that when I have that opportunity I'll not waste it. 

I don't yet feel ready for that responsibility, but I'm sure that it's coming, and I can only prepare as best I can.  It's been fun because my prayers have changed, my study habits have changed, and I'm really excited to be apart of the new training program, that may still be in place when nephews or nieces go out on their missions. 

I love you all, and am very glad that I get such wonderful love and support from home!  Your prayers, and letters, packages (thanks grandma for the Bread, and Cookies), wedding announcements (seriously you'd be surprised at how many i'm getting of those)  and your thoughts!  They are helping and i'm really happy to be here and to really focus on my own testimony, and the companionship of the spirit! 

Love Elder Rees

Happy Flying!

No comments:

Post a Comment