Thursday, June 9, 2011

Weeks gone by

More and more the weeks go by, there are so many times i look back and realize just how fast it fly's.  (sorry that rhymed, i guess I'm just that cool)  Anyway, It's 'P' day once again, and we are sitting here in the Library, and coming to terms with Transfers....  Yep it's that wonderful/dreadful time of the mission once again.  This time.................. I'M STAYING!   I know I know, I've only had 2 transfer meetings, (one being from the mtc) but they are kind of an exciting and nerve racking time for missionaries, i mean it's the next 6 weeks of your life we are talking about here.  I must say that this transfer has FLOWN by!  I can't believe I've been in this area for 6 weeks already.  Well my companion Elder Edwards is leaving...  Kinda mixed emotions about that...  We have had a few differences and have struggled with each other and the rules we want to keep, and others that are "guidelines" but we've really been able to open up with each other, and i hope that I've been able to help him as much as I've learned from him.  It's going to be great actually, I'm very excited to be able to stick around here in Logansport, and work with some truly great investigators and help get them to baptism, success is always such a blessing, and boost!   There are so many unknowns however...  I'm not sure who my next companion will be, and what things I'll have to deal with, or help correct on the next go around.  It's been great to have an older companion I'll say that 100% but there are things I've had to push myself to do and say, that have gotten me out of my comfort zone a bit, but they've helped me grow too!   Last night we went and had dinner at our Branch mission leaders home, and he and his wife are big 'Y' fans...  and they always celebrate each missionaries birthdays, even if they are passed, with a big cake with 'BYU' spelled out in the icing.  My pictures they took aren't very happy ones, it's hard to smile when you are eating such bad tasting letters... KIDDING!  But my request to have the cake made out of "RED" velvet wasn't accepted either...  They are fun to tease, and will shoot them right back at us.  Very fun older couple!  It was crazy to sit there and think that my birthday was 2 and a half months ago...!!!  Crazy right, and I'm almost done with month 4 of the mission!  Anyway I'm really excited to be able to stay in this area of Logansport, there are great people here, and the branch really needs help from the missionaries.  I wanted to attach a few files, but the computer here isn't reading my SD card right, so you'll have to wait till next time.  We had Stake conference this weekend, and it was great!  We got to experience a Broadcast stake conference.  Where we had speakers from the General Authorities of the church, and we just had to sit back and listen, even the Stake President!  We were blessed to hear from President Eyring, and from the 2nd counselor in the Primary Presidency, and 2nd counselor in the Presiding Bishopric, as well as Elder Ballard.  It was a great meeting, and the adult session the night before was great too!  It was a good break from regular church, it's just too bad we only had 1 investigator there.  Cool story actually we knocked this guys door, and he lives down this 1/4 mile driveway, anyway we were invited right in, asked us if we were a Christian Church, which we are, and he said he'd be there on Sunday...  We haven't even had a lesson with him, and he's coming to church... and wants to come back next week according to his feelings after stake conference. 

Some of you may be wondering about my tooth...  Well for those who need a little background i don't know if i blogged about it or not, but i had an infection above my implant and had it checked out by an oral surgeon in Indy, he ended up opening up my gum line and giving me a treatment (scraping out the soft tissue) and then packing the area with an injectable antibiotic, which should help the infection, and prevent me from losing my implant over the next 2 years.  The procedure went well, and my gums are almost already healed.  I'm optimistic that i won't have any more dental problems while I'm out here on the mission, but I'm in for some when i get home!  UGH!   Have i mentioned yet that the time is flying by?    Well my time is about spent, but I'm having tons of fun, and am striving every day to do a little better, after all, that is all that is asked of us!  I'm excited for more change in the future, and for the opportunities to learn and grow from another missionary here...   I'll keep you updated with a few more pictures, on a later day, anyway, thanks for everything.

Love you all! 

Love Elder Rees

No comments:

Post a Comment