Tuesday, September 6, 2011

August 22, 2011

Farewell Mishawaka

Hey I'm including a few extra people today, just in case some of you aren't around a computer you can get this and see what is going on.

Well today is my final  P Day in Mishawaka...  Wow, i was expecting about 5 more...  I found out Sunday night that I'm going to be moving to Crawfordsville as part of an Emergency Transfer situation.  I'm not sure what happened with the Elders there, but they are now gone, and Myself and another Elder I came out with will be double transferred into that area on Wednesday...  So i have 2 days to pack and get some things in order. 

So if you have a letter hold on to it for a week or send it to the Mission home address, which i know has been posted in one of the first blog posts so go back and look it up, or wait till next p day and I'll have my new address.

Mom, thanks for the Banana bread, it got a little disfigured, but not too bad, and I had another Elder eat some, he said it's the best he's had, regardless of what it looked like....  It really did keep its form pretty well in the mail system.  Jodi and Mandy, thanks for the package!  It was great!  the Scentsy's stuff was perfect.  I brought a bottle out, and my companion loved it, and to have 2 more "man" smells is going to be great!   The treats were awesome too! 

I'm sad to be leaving my Companion Elder Eames.... We have had so many good times, but I have learned so much from him, and am so glad to have been blessed to be his companion.

This last week we faced so much opposition....  We went into visit a few members, and an investigator in 2 separate apartment complexes, and we were harassed by workers of those complexes for "no soliciting" but they can't stop us from visiting people we already know, or people who are members of our church, but they are just a pain, and frustrate us.  We also went tracting in an are we have not been in before, and we started to approach a house, we were still on the neighbors sidewalk, and the gentleman in the house we were going towards comes out of his house with a baseball bat on his shoulder, and said "Don't even think about it!"  I don't entirely know what he thought it is we do.... but i guess he doesn't like to meet new people.  We froze in our tracks, and he pointed the baseball bat away from his house, and said "that way, now!"  My companions frustrations came out, "A Simple no would have worked"  HAHAHA oh man, We talked about it later, and we wanted to go back and start preaching in his street, i mean really what was he going to do hit us?  We have a cop in our bishopric... We'd have so many police there and he'd have our Mission President (lawyer) to thank for the few nights in jail.  Hahaha So many could have's in that story, but we were safe, and left chuckling to ourselves.  You always get the best stories while tracting. 

We haven't had very many "yes please come back" type of responses lately, mainly we just get "no, I'm catholic, baptist, Pentecostal, or something"  There are a few "Super Churches" here.... I'm talking they are as big as shopping malls, and have services for all different types of people... Great and Spacious buildings, with slides that lead into classrooms (really they have one) and slides that lead others away from the True Gospel, and order of God. 

Anyway.... This week is full of changes, so I'll for sure keep you all posted.   I'm glad to see little Opal made it safe!  She's So Cute!  I hope Tiff's delivery goes as well!

Mom i did go to a Dr here in South Bend, but because of the move i won't be going back... you may see some info come through insurance for a 75.00 consultation fee... I paid cash, so if they (insurance) gives a refund then just deposit it.

I found out I'll be about 9 months with out a tooth, and will have a Fantastic Flipper again.... UGH, I will miss not being about to enunciate words...  But such is the life.  The xray shows my bone loss is about half way up my implant...  And they'll have to bore out the rest... Really they have a round drill bit that will cut around the implant i think of a saw that cuts can lights out for ceilings.... something that i didn't need to hear about before the procedure, but it will be all good.


Well more to come later, when i get moved and settled! 

Love you all, Keep those Nieces and Nephew safe! 

Keep going to church all of you!

Love Elder Rees

No comments:

Post a Comment