Tuesday, September 6, 2011

August 8, 2011

6 Months...

Well 6 Months finally came, and went!  It wasn't as cool as you may think.  A big milestone like this really made me look back and think about the last 6 months, and what I have accomplished as a missionary.  I also get to think about my goals that I set/ thought about when, when I first started, and how I'm doing on those.  I came out kind of frustrated not really thinking too much about changing myself but more about all of the things that I struggle with... My companion and I talked about it a lot last night, and we realized that I tend to compare myself to those around me.... and how well they are doing is how well i should be doing.  My mind doesn't comprehend the fact that most I'm comparing myself to are almost going home.  It's hard for me not to compare myself to others, and feel like I'm falling short. 

I know that my purpose as a missionary is Simply to Invite others to come unto Christ, by helping them receive the Restored Gospel, through faith in Jesus Christ, and his atonement, Repentance, baptism, Receiving the gift of the Holy ghost and Enduring to the End.  It's simple...  INVITE!  6 months in, and I've seen wonderful success already, sure it's not a Brazil mission where you get blessed with tons of baptisms... I don't think they ever drain their fonts.... but I've seen the miracles of people accepting this message and being happier!  I get too caught up in the logistics of being a missionary that I forget to have fun, and do missionary work. 

So yes, sorry that was a tangent i didn't want to go to but i did...   So how did i celebrate my 6 month mark... Well lets go to 8/1/2011.... 1 week ago, we started celebrating the day before...  By getting into a car wreck!  We were just so excited we just pulled right out into oncoming traffic.  :)   No actually here is the story, we were going to the church for some P day activities, and we were pulling out of our house, but couldn't see because there were cars parked on the street.  We were super careful too!  We waited and watched for cars for a few minutes and thought we were clear to head East, but a car headed west was hidden, and hit us!  Our car got the front end essentially taken off, and we were left sitting there facing the opposite direction...  She was going about 35, and we were just pulling out.  We were lucky we weren't further out in the road or we would have been broadsided, and that would have caused much more injury to us and to the other driver... who was OK too by the way.  

8/2/2011 was the official 6 month mark, and it was fun.  I was on exchange with another Elder, who came out with me, so it was fun to have both of us take pictures and burn ties together!  His name is Elder Pachner, (Pock ner)  he's from California.  Celebrations are now continuing today, because my companion and I get to stay together for another 6 weeks!  It's Great!  it's the first time on my mission that i don't get to go to transfer meeting.  It's going to be great!  Not only do we get along super well but we are learning a lot from each other, and are making great strides here in our area.   We are anticipating a few more baptisms this transfer 5 hopefully!!!  So that would be so fun if they all progressed and worked out that well! 

Well i don't have much time, Life here is good, and I'll keep you all informed with my tooth issues, and I'll try and send pictures home soon.   I need to get an attachment for my SD card so i can email pictures home, but maybe another time!  

Love you all, things are great! 

Love Elder Rees

No comments:

Post a Comment