Monday, October 10, 2011

October 3, 2011

Has it really been 8 months?!  General Conference was here again!  What a wonderful time!  I truly do love being able to listen to the General Authorities, and other officers of the church.  The spirit was so strong in the sessions, and being able to sit and listen to the Prophets voice is such a wonderful blessings that millions of other human beings don't even realize they have that honor and right as well.  I have realized I need to be a Bolder Missionary, and truly proclaim with vigor, and with sincerity that Christ Lives, and that he works through His servant the Prophet.  Also super neat is that Wyoming is getting a TEMPLE!!  It's too bad it's not in the Bridger Valley, but I guess Star valley works too! 
 
This week:  I'm trying to think if there was anything cool that happened or if it was just another week...  We get to teach people all the time that make me glad I'm living the commandments.  One guy who weighs 97 pounds... He has a disease that was contracted from drinking and smoking for 45 years....  He's going to die, very soon, and it won't be peaceful or painless.  Another person, pays 4 child supports, and now doesn't have a paycheck....  We then get all those messages in conference to live the law of chastity, and the word of wisdom, so that we aren't "bound" by satans chains, which lead to destruction, and hell, it's so visible to me. 
 
Um, I'm going to the Dentist today, to have a flipper made once again.  I'm pretty bummed I have to be toothless once again, but it will be good to get some of that work done before I no longer have insurance. 
 
We have a baptism this Saturday!  WOOOHOOO!!  I found out last night I'm going to be the one who gets to confirm!  That's crazy!  It will be the first one that I'll perform while on the mission.  It's such a blessing!  Their family needed us.  Not other missionaries, but us.  For some reason they needed our personalities to help them get back to full activity in the church and to help their daughter get baptised!  Really fun! 
 
Well other than that, we are in need of people to teach, we have dropped several of the people that aren't progressing, and it's really intimidating to look at your teaching pool, and see only 4 names, 2 of which don't meet regularly, and the other 2 are getting baptized this month... 
 
Well i love you all, and am glad to hear that things are still going well out west!  It was kind of hard to see the scenes of SLC on conference and not feel a little flutter of "oh i miss that" but those things soon pass.
 
I love you all, and hope you have a wonderful week, 

Love Elder Rees

No comments:

Post a Comment