Monday, March 19, 2012

March 12, 2012

Well Family and Friends,

I'm now Serving in CUMBERLAND!  I wonder how it got it's name....  "and we attempted to walk in this land, but it was cumbered"  I suppose that will be my best guess as to how. 

OK, Zone Leader life...  hmmmm... BUSY!  I thought I was a busy and hard working missionary till I was placed with a Rockstar missionary named: Elder White! 

Elder White is from Murray UT, he's a big giant ball of random.  He's an athlete that reads comic books, and makes some seriously silly voices, isn't shy, and is a stellar missionary!   I got transferred in and we had a baptism already! 

Her name is Sister Dick, she's amazing!  She obviously had been learning for some time and has a powerful testimony.  She's in the army and knows how to work hard.  Her story is powerful.  The week before baptism satan comes at new converts full force, and this was no difference....  Her mother passed away 1 week ago.  She had been sick and had wanted to be let go, or to have all the life support removed from her.  So they did, and she passed....   Sister Dick was so strong and told her mother about her baptism before she died, and asked if she should postpone it for a while, and her mother shook her head and told her it was important for her to be baptized.  Her mother wasn't a member but I feel that she was closer to the spirit and knew the importance of her decision and how it would help her after her passing. 

We are super busy!  We are finding and teaching like crazy!  We found a family of 5 kids, wife and husband!  They are so prepared to hear this gospel.  They have questions that we can answer, and have desires that fit in line with the culture of the church as well...  For instance... In our first lesson he was talking about how they are going to start having Saturday nights be there "family night" so they can learn and grow together...  Hmmmmmm Sure sounds familiar! 

I love being a missionary!  I can't believe that my journey has brought me to a leadership calling like this, but I'm so humbled to be here, and to serve with other Zone Leaders that I've looked up to for so long.  I want to serve all the missionaries in our zone the right way, and we have such a wonderful mission president that teaches us the principles of righteous leadership!  I love how he's preparing us for parenthood, and for life after the mission.  Anyone can live by the rules, but God teaches principles and gives us the agency to follow them.  I love the principles because they set you free, and really help you progress.  I know that being in this assignment will push me, and will help me grow!  I hope I can lead by example and help others. 

Well other than that... Not much else..
Love you all! 

Love Elder Rees

New Address
3960 N Carroll Rd Apt A
Indianapolis Indiana 46235



No comments:

Post a Comment