Monday, March 19, 2012

March 19, 2012

Well I'm Fast approaching the down hill side of my 20's....  I'm moving out of the mid 20's to the Mid to Late 20's... Mom I hope this makes you feel old!  HAHAHA.  Well Life here in Cumberland is great!  We are finding more and more people who are ready to hear the gospel.  I love the fact that there is always some one that the Lord is working with. 

Well this week we were able to go on exchange and it was very fun.  I got to stay in our area with an Elder from our district.  He's in his 2nd transfer and it's so fun to see how much this Elder is going to grow over the next 2 years.  He's way quirky!  He tells lame jokes, and is an all around innocent little flower from Payson Utah.  We had fun and were able to tract in to a lady who was very interested in our message and hadn't really heard anything about Mormons other than Mitt Romney and the Osmond's.   It really surprises me that people have been affected in such a good way by them.  In some regards they aren't the best examples of gospel living but they are helping to peak peoples interest. 

We really do get to talk to a lot of different people on the mission and there is a no real way over email to describe some of these conversations.  They are so funny, and me and my companion get to laugh about them for days after we find some ghetto woman who thinks the world is racist, and loves to wear her Mink and Chinchilla's!  I'm guessing  those are fur coats or something fur to wear, but she was so hilarious. 

We also found out that in my last area that another woman we taught is getting baptized this weekend.  My companion now found her with my last companion, while on exchanges.  This woman has been through so much in her life, and had to have 1st Presidency approval.  Those approvals are required when some serious things get brought up, and she was no exception.  She spent 20 years in jail for a murder she was simply taking a fall for.  All the details of the murder came to light 20 years later and she was pardoned!  Way neat story but not too much detail can be gone through on here.  She's getting baptized Saturday and we are very excited to go there for that! 

Not too much else is going on... I'm striving hard to work out, and to lose some weight.  It's a slow process...  You wish that after just one work out you'd see a -10 on the scales... Boy wouldn't that be nice.  But I'm feeling stronger, and am going to be making this a habit so that I can do it over time, and it lasts a lot longer. 

Well I'm going to have a good birthday.  I made sure that the meal calendar we pass around had my birthday listed on it so I had sisters in the ward fighting over that day...  I'm going to have several birthday cakes, and tons of treats!  Which isn't good for my workout plan but that's OK. 

Well i love you all... the weather here is perfect!  75ish and small breeze!  Kind of humid but not too bad yet! 

Love you all

Love Elder Rees

No comments:

Post a Comment