Wednesday, November 16, 2011

October 17, 2011

Well this is maybe the only time in the mission, that I'll have 2 baptisms in 1 transfer, and more than likely that I'll have 2 baptisms in consecutive weeks! 

Danny was baptized this weekend, and it was so awesome....  Well kind of stressful but awesome.   We told Danny to be to the church by about 5:30, so that we could do some rehearsals, and to get him into a jumpsuit...  Well we should have told him 5:00 pm.... The service started at 6, and we were still waiting for him to show up at 6:05...  So a few frantic phone calls, and we soon found out that he's on the way, and he was there in just a few minutes after that...  We got him dressed, and went right in to start to listen to the talks...  We dunked him, Elder Magleby was honored to do that, and then dressed and back in for the talk on confirmation. 

You would think that after being late for his own baptism, his confirmation would be a different story... NOPE...  9:08 he walked in the door... :)  It sure made the bishopric nervous... :)  I just laughed, and had faith!    So here is a picture of Danny, and his dad Tom, they are such great people super nice, and very caring.  They come from a Gypsy background, and have some of the greatest accents ever... for instance... the word "that"  is "tat"  "they"  "tey"  I laugh every time!  They seem like such mobsters! 

Very cool week!   We have been so blessed to be finding 5 new investigators this week as well that makes up for the 2 which we baptized!  We are working hard, and are preparing this are for the next missionaries to come in and have success too...  That is if we get transferred in 2 weeks...  we'll see. 

We also got to go on a tour of a Tank Museum here in Indiana!   it was awesome!  We got to go inside of one of the big artillery tanks, and check out the periscope and the knobs and buttons, and look in the scopes, sit in the drivers seat, pretend to be in combat, and overall just be kids in a Tank Museum!   We had the whole place to ourselves and it was a good thing...  We touched things that we maybe weren't supposed to... .but how often am i going to be in a tank museum, and have an opportunity to see, and feel genuine world war 2 era weapons and artifacts!?    (I'm sending a separate email with all of those pictures!)

We have had a great week, and it may help prepare us for this week.  I'm going to have my tooth pulled and it's going to be a trial for sure...  I have always enjoyed being busy while here on the mission and it makes me nervous to have some down time.  It makes me feel like a "jack" missionary. 

Since I'm titling this post 2x2... all good things come in pairs...  I was offered a daughter the other day, and apparently she's going to be writing me... SWEET!  And the other day at dinner there was a lady that offered to have her Niece write me as well...  SWEETER!   But the SWEETEST thing was that these two sisters in the ward, for some reason were talking about me and it got brought up that they had both recruited people to write me, turned out to be an interesting conversation about, no my daughter's going to write him, and no, my niece is going to write him.....  I hope i don't lose out on both letters!  :)    All good things come in twos! 

I'm also struggling with a bit of a cold... I don't feel sick, but have a runny congested nose, a scratchy throat, and a bit of a cough... I'll stock up on some medicine at the Walmart today.  Also My ankles have been swelling up a bunch lately...  Tons of walking and I've never had any problems but for some reason lately the pain is real, and the swelling makes standing at doorsteps pretty uncomfortable... I may buy some new insoles for my shoes...

Well now I'm just rambling.  I love you all, and can't wait to get a few letters! 

Thank for all the emails! 

Love Elder Rees


No comments:

Post a Comment