Wednesday, November 16, 2011

October 24, 2011

MIRACLES,  MORE STITCHES, AND BLOOD!!

In the spirit of Halloween which is fast approaching I'm sending this email with all the gruesome details of my last week here in the mission field!  

Monday...  I had noticed some swelling in my feet and ankles, and was having really sharp pain in my heel in the middle of the night, enought that it would wake me up, and it was really hard to sleep well.   I was also feeling the pain as we walked and stood on doorsteps... standing still made it so much worse!     There is a family here that has taken such good care of us, me especially, and he's a nurse and recommended I contact Sister Collins and have a Dr. check me out.   There were some fears that my heart wasn't properly functioning or that my kidneys were not working....  (very early prognosis).  Well we went a few more days and just hoped it would disappear. 

Wednesday...  TOOTH DOOMSDAY!!!   Well we traveled to Indy to have my tooth extracted!  It was a very nervous time for me... I felt more nervous than I did the first time I had my tooth pulled...  We got to the Dr. office and they take me back.   He didn't charge me for another Xray, and as I looked at the screen I could notice a very good difference!   My 1st Xray is from April, and you can easily see that the bone around the implant is missing, and is receeding up my implant.  The Xray from wednesday was much improved... you can see that the bone line was closer to where it needed to be, and looked a lot more healthy... So i bring it up!  I asked the Dr what he thought of the X rays, and said he noticed the difference as well.  We talked about treatment, and still felt that taking the tooth out was the best option, it had already been infected 2 times, and it was more than likely going to happen again, and would result in me losing more bone structure.  I also wanted to get the process started because of the insurance that i'm going to be losing in March and want to take advantage of that while I can.  Well he starts the surgery and made a rather large diagnal cut up my gums in order to see the full bone structure on the front side of my tooth... We poked, pulled, prauded, and tugged, and soon said "NOPE"!  I'm not going to take this out!   I sat there just in awe!  After opening up  the gums and noticing just how well improved the health of the site was he didn't feel comfortable taking out a healthy implant.  I know MIRACLES happen, and I thank all of you for your prayers, and putting my name in the Temple!  Those little things helped to heal my tooth (at least for now) and have helped me have an easier mission!  So here are the pictures!  Here are my stitches, Hallie I can totally sympathize!   And a few pictures of my X Rays... I took these from my camera so i hope they turn out well!  

FRIDAY:  Back to INDY!!!  So I mentioned earlier that my feet were swelling... well it moved to both feet, and to both knees, and to both hands and wrists!   It was time to see a DR.  I went to the closest Urgent Care, and they asked me all sorts of questions and ruled out Arthritis, and a Change in daily medication...  Which now meant they didn't have any idea without doing more tests...  So back came the nurse and had a full tray of Vials for my BLOOD!!   Well out came about 8 vials, and off they went to the Lab...   All came back negative...  Save for one... I was having an Allergic Reaction....  when I asked what they didn't have any idea about that, but it was good to know that I didn't have any major health issues, but was just allergic to something...   I may never know what it was. 

SO now i'm left with Dissolveable stitches in my gums, and I'm taking steroids for swelling, and Antibiotics to help me heal... 2 trips to the pharmacy, 2 to different doctors, and we still managed to make it to church this week!  

Oh what a week!

Thank you all for your love support and prayers!  They work!  Miracles happen, and I know our Heavenly Father know's and Loves us more than we can comprehend, and is waiting to bless us with the things our hearts desire! 



No comments:

Post a Comment